The fountains develop a monumental spatial concept of the Square, which was established in the Middle Ages. They complete the scale of proportion and material canon that was first used on the 1681 Plague Column in one of the four corners. Names of the three fountains are freely inspired by the Coat of Arms of the city. The concept defines architecture of the sculptural spouts as Spatial Signs, reviving the original concept of “wasserkasten”, big bowls accumulating water for public usage. Poems by Petr Borkovec were prepared to be inscribed on the surface of the fountains, but weren’t realised.